Level: Entry Level
As an ideal candidate, you will evaluate and approve loan applications, negotiate terms with customers, maintain relationships with major financial institutions, and continually update loan files and credits history. To succeed in this role, you should be professional, show willingness to learn and possess excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Review of Loan Request; checks for essential details on loan applications and revert immediately to clients on any observations and outstanding’s.
- Assess Clients Financial Status; ensures accurate financial position of client using bank statements and any other relevant source of information.
- Evaluates Credit Worthiness & Risk; writes credit memo fully analyzing the credit with all potential risk involved and evaluates clients credit worthiness using at least two credit bureaus ratings.
- Perform research into credit histories for new customers and existing loans, Identify loans of high risk and ensure loan terms are met to avoid foreclosures, bankruptcies, and delinquencies.
- Contact Client to gather financial data & documentations; Ensures that credit checklist for required documentations is accurately completed by maintaining records and following up on clients for any outstanding documents.
- Preparing offers, Booking and Disbursement of Credit Facilities; Maintaining loans booking and disbursement on the Core Banking Software and Loan Management System.
- Monitoring of Loan Progress; Daily follow up on loans for repayments as at when due.
- Processing rollover request for due loans upon management’s approval.
- Reporting; generate daily reports on loans status, collection sheet, repayments and forward to management.
- Carry out continuous review and assessment of credit application processes to assess compliance to internal and external policies including regulatory bodies and advise management on control lapses and policy inadequacies.
- Update clients’ records e.g. applications, cheques and collateral documents on the system and also hard copy.
- Generate daily reports on loans status and forward to management.
- Prepares periodic report to management on all loan positions.
- Prepare regulatory report and send to management as directed.
- Backup transactions and reports to company database on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as the case maybe.
- Manage and co-ordinate interns under the operations unit.
- Conduct industry research on rates on loans from regulatory bodies and other competitors and contribute to the contents and publication of weekly newsletters to the general public.
- Participate in transactional meetings and make appropriate contributions.
- Create and manage client relationships to foster strong business relationship.
Other assigned duties
Minimum Qualification Required
- A good first degree from a reputable university preferably in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics.
- Minimum of One (2) Year post education experience.
- Previous experience managing credit operations within a large financial institution
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, research and analytical abilities.
- Expertise with credit, collections, and collections processing
- Policy and Regulation interpretation and implementation.
- Extensive Working Knowledge of Excel and any core banking application.