Job title: Financial Officer
Reporting line: Head, Risk Management & Compliance
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
We are seeking a trustworthy individual that can work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy. You are expected to work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management. You should have a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations and possess strong computer, verbal and written communication skills.
Since inception, we have built our business portfolio by providing integral financial management solutions for clients seeking superior services and expert advice. Our client portfolio is diverse and full of further potential. It includes large national and international companies in construction, manufacturing, export/import and Agro-allied industry. We are looking to expand further into the retail market and want people that can make this possible.
An ideal candidate, you will be responsible for a wide variety of finance-related tasks that are primarily associated with timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. These tasks oftentimes include computing taxes, preparing tax returns, organizing and maintaining financial records, ensuring statements are accurate, preparing journal entries, posting of ledgers, reconciliation of ledger accounts and closing the books of accounts of a branch on daily, weekly as well as monthly basis. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, AAA Finance is an excellent company for you. Apply today!
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance.
- Preparing journal entries, posting of ledgers, reconciliation of ledger accounts and closing the books of accounts of a branch on daily, weekly as well as monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e., GAAPS), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
- Calculate taxes owed and prepare tax returns; submit tax returns on time and track payments or refunds
- Analyze accounting systems used by businesses to look for inaccuracies and potential improvements
- Create efficient methods for accounting and financial record-keeping and help business clients to implement them
- Work with business managers to assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements
- Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, banking and finance, statistics, mathematics, economics, or a finance related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, as well as other accounting software applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Not more than 2 years work experience in similar role.
- Experience with working in a finance house is an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Research & reporting ability.
- System & process management
- Risk assessment skill
Eligibility and Application Information
This is an entry level position, only applicants that meet the minimum requirements should apply.
Applicants are to visit our website to see and/or download the full job description.
AAA Finance celebrate diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief and marital status.
Application deadline is two weeks after publication.