Job title: Chief Operating Officer
Reporting line: CEO
Level: C+ Management
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
As a growing Finance company, we owe our success to the efficiency of our operational standards. To perfect this standard, we need a chief operating officer (COO) that will work with our executive management to lead our team of high-performing individuals to be efficient, productive, and effective.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience within the financial industry, perhaps having worked your way up through the ranks with at least five of those years spent in a senior management role. We believe this trajectory helps develop a unique mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures of the financial industry.
We have our eye out for a COO that is a skilled communicator, an effective leader and a business-driven person who can spur company growth, maintain key operational procedures, create new processes and ensure day to day operational excellence.
Since inception, we have built our business portfolio by providing integral financial management solutions for clients seeking superior services and expert advice. Our client portfolio is diverse and full of further potential. It includes large national and international companies in construction, manufacturing, export/import and Agro-allied industry. We are looking to expand further into the retail market and want people that can make this possible.
The Chief Operating Officer will work with the Chief Executive and wider executive team to shape the future of the company. Building on our current strengths, they will lead the development of new product and services and spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes. By anticipating market demand and opportunity, they will grow our business and the impact of our services by positioning AAA Finance as a leader within our chosen fields, growing our client base and securing new lines of income to meet agreed business targets and KPIs.
- Support the CEO and board in developing our vision and strategy, provide management to staff and leadership to the organization that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Building on our existing strengths and know-how, design product and services that respond to the emerging challenges in the financial market and opportunities faced by clients and potential partners and successfully bring these to market
- Actively market our products and services nationally, leading pitches and bids for new work, creating project proposals, face to face pitches, identifying and approaching prospects, pricing and negotiating new work to meet agreed KPIs
- Work closely with senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company.
- Inform and advise the Chief Executive on the likely impact of key changes within our business and operating environment, including but not limited to economic trends, market conditions, government policy and competitor behaviour and take a lead on any resulting action
- Deputise for and support the CEO including public speaking, interviews, client/partner meetings, events and internal sessions
- Work with the CEO and CFO in the capital raise process, meet, interact and present information effectively to potential investors and private equity firms.
- Track business development and provide regular, accurate and timely reports against KPIs to the Board, Chief Executive and wider team.
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, investors and all other professional business relationships.
- Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company including but not limited to professional staff, management level employees and executive leadership team members.
- Work flexibly and in a hands-on way to undertake any other duties as may be needed.
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Quality experience in a commercial bank, a microfinance bank or a related financial institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Background in service and strategic design including structuring and visualising new concepts and ideas
- Developed successful relationships with corporate and public sector clients at a senior level.
- Evidence of personal success in bids and pitches to private and public sector clients, including successful client growth.
- Can prioritise and manage multiple tasks within a fast-changing and multi-faceted environment and has worked in a hands-on way within a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- Masters and/or MBA is as an added advantage.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Membership in an accredited professional body.
Eligibility and Application Information
Only applicants that meet the minimum requirements should apply.
Applicants are to visit our website to see and/or download the full job description.
AAA Finance celebrate diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief and marital status.