Location: Trade fair Lagos, Nigeria
Under limited supervision and using independent judgment, an ideal candidate will manage the business development activities of the branch to generation income and grow branch balance sheet in line with the key performance indicators. Provide marketing support to internal staff within a group or one-on-one. Position the Firm in the marketplace by delivering a consistent message to customers via a variety of mediums. Receive considerable project direction from senior management and spend substantial time working on various projects.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Generate new business within branch market for deposit accounts, loans, and cash management.
- Grow branch metrics and balance sheet by establishing and maintaining strategic business relationships through product offerings like loans, deposits, and other financial services within the Firm’s target market of small to medium-sized businesses and business professionals.
- Drive strong branch visibility and market penetration by maintaining positive presence in the community through involvement in community events and clubs.
- Coordinate large scale promotional activities, e.g. seminars, campaigns, client events, etc. and follow up new corporate customers.
- Comply with all bank policies, regulations, and laws applicable while carrying out duties and responsibilities.
- Work closely with other branch teams on pitching commercial / corporate lending business or customized financial services to clients.
- Supervise branch staff, including coaching, development and discipline to help meet sales goals, strict adherence to policies and procedures, and to provide exceptional customer service, with staff level based on branch staffing model.
- Strategy: Contribute to the development and refinement of the Firm strategy in coordination with other strategic business units to ensure effective internal alignment and competitive market positioning.
- Advise customers, where possible, on business management and financial matters. Monitor, on an ongoing basis, all customers brought to the Bank through personal new business development efforts. Report to CEO any concerns.
- Performance Assessment: Implement new business development and new product performance measures (scorecard) to track and monitor growth and product performance.
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 Years relevant experience in a financial institution.
- Must possess strong management skills in sales, business development, customer service, and organizational development of a branch.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, researching, and decision-making abilities, as required.
- Good knowledge of Management Accounting, financial planning, monitoring and performance management.
- Good knowledge of credit bureau and CBN regulatory reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of financial legislation, regulation and practices.