Job Title : Head of Finance
Reporting Line : Chief Operating Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Head of Finance performs all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, performance analysis, payroll, forecasts preparation, corporate treasury functions as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic planning, forecasting and decision-making. The role will also support business development initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies, managing accounting teams and swear by regulations. You should also be well-informed of financial planning processes and have a strong ability to report and explain issues to management. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run. This role reports to the COO.
Essential Primary Responsibilities
|Accounting, Financial Controls and Financial Reporting
| Direct the preparation of fiscal records and financial plans, policies, and reports.
Perform analytical review of general ledger accounts and reconciling balance sheet accounts, including staff travel advance reconciliations and cash/bank/credit card reconciliations.
Ensure regulatory and organizational compliance of accounting transactions within the Regional program office and support global consolidation of financial statements.
Ensure all transactions in the accounting system reconcile to the general ledger and financial reports.
Approve all transactions in the accounting system; coordinate with team members to complete all accounting procedures to produce monthly financial statements in accordance with local GAAP or IFRS.
Monitor and/or prepare accurate and timely reporting, dashboards and other key management deliverables.
Oversee payroll registration including related deductions, benefits, taxes, and other payments to employees and statutory institutions, in accordance with existing government laws and regulations
Oversee registration and maintenance of fixed assets in the accounting system.
Oversee the staff expenditure and reimbursement process.
Ensure an efficient filing and retrieval system is in place for financial and accounting records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance on a weekly basis that is in line with Nigeria laws, regulations, and local GAAP.
Facilitate requests related to independent external audits and other agreed-upon procedures providing financial information and follow-up.
File and remit taxes and other financial obligations to Nigeria regulatory bodies. Ensure all financial records and statements are in line with Nigeria laws, regulations, and Nigeria GAAP.
Coordinate key processes for Office budgeting and forecasting. Preparation and maintenance of accurate and timely periodic budget/expense reporting, dashboards, and other key deliverables to senior management
|Strategic, Financial and Operational Planning
| Participates in the development of corporate plans and programs.
Develops and communicates financial vision and strategy.
Directs preparation of annual operating and business fiscal plans.
Develops financial forecasts and monitors financial health, monitoring guardrails around financial commitments.
Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization (i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments).
Evaluates capital expenditures, investment activities and portfolio management.
Ensures timely and accurate business/financial reports and plans; presents them to the Partners across all business units to increase financial transparency in management reporting and business line performance.
|Corporate Treasury Function
| Manages treasury function, including meeting short and long-term funding needs.
Determines appropriate capital structure.
Initiates and oversees execution of all capital market transactions.
Direct the development and revision of financial policies for capital structure, working capital, directs capital markets, borrowing, investing, treasury operations, foreign exchange, interest rate, risk management, and insurance risk management.
| Understands how regulatory reform will impact the business and helps ensure the business is best positioned to respond.
Manages aspects of risk through accounting, audit, planning and treasury functions.
Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information by ensuring that all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
|External Financial Relations
| Manages investors and investment banking relationships. Serves as company’s representative to financial/investment community and shareholders.
Oversees and delivers recommendations to Board and Board committees regarding financials, audit matters, investments, and strategic initiatives and direction.
Minimum Qualifications Required (Only those that met the minimum requirement will be contacted)
- Minimum of 5 Years relevant experience in a financial institution.
- Minimum of a Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- ICAN or ACCA Qualified.
- Good knowledge of IFRS 9, Management Accounting, financial planning, monitoring and performance management.
- Good knowledge of credit bureau and CBN regulatory reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of financial legislation, regulation and practices
- Good knowledge of internal control procedures and best practices in financial institutions
- Knowledge of monetary market, Liquidity management, investment management and financing techniques.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Experience in developing and documenting processes, policies and procedures is essential.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and financial management software.
- Full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts, Statutory reporting, year-end duties and Work with External Auditors for regular audit of account.
- Potentially focused on Treasury and cash management processes.
- A good network with the banks/investment firms, dealing with regulators (CBN, FIRS, etc.), knowledgeable about local tax rules and regulations.
- Ability to raise local debt equity, entrench a fully efficient finance function that provides sound fiscal strategy, policies, planning and processes.
- Able to prepare financial statements from scratch to present a true and fair view of the company’s performance.
- Highly proficient in use of major Accounting and analysis software and spreadsheets.
- Superb spoken and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well-organised, with unquestionable integrity, good judgement and strong professional ethics.
Interest applicants should send mail to email@example.com with the job role as subject of the email. This advert will be active for 10days after publication.