Job title: Economic Research & Policy Associate
Reporting line: Managing Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
At AAA Finance, we owe our success to the efficiency of our organizational processes. As an ideal candidate, you will have a sharp business mind and it will help to be highly skilled in finance and IT management. The research assistant will work within the research department of our company to provide helpful data to management, who buy and sell securities for the firm. You will also be expected to plan, organize, and conduct research about industries, sectors, individual companies and markets. The ideal candidate will use their quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, knowledge of technology, information systems, and the Web, as well as your research abilities to support the economic work of the company. The ideal candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge of micro and macro-economic research methodology and its application in real life scenarios.
- Support their sales and trading efforts through research and data collection.
- Must be able to Research, collect, and compile information
- Maintain and update quantitative and qualitative economic, financial, or statistical databases
- Process, consolidate, and transform data sets within and between databases using statistical and/or econometric techniques
- Evaluate economic, financial, or statistical relationships in databases
- Analyze economic time series data
- Design systems to facilitate interfaces or to transfer data between external and in-house databases.
- Master’s degree in financial economics, statistics or other related quantitative fields.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar capacity is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in statistical, econometric, and graphical presentation tools and data base management.
- Must possess great writing prowess
- Ability to distill large amounts of data and communicate it effectively to others.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good listening, notetaking and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence and can-do attitude necessary for this role.
- Ability to advance projects with hands-off supervision.
- Ideal candidate should love learning and updating their knowledge and skills.