Location: Victoria Island & Trade fair Lagos, Nigeria
Level: Entry Level
An ideal candidate will evaluate and approve loan applications, negotiate terms with customers, maintain relationships with major financial institutions, and continually update loan files and credits history.
- Review of Loan Request; checks for essential details on loan applications and revert immediately to clients on any observations and outstanding’s.
- Assess Clients Financial Status; ensures accurate financial position of client using bank statements and any other relevant source of information.
- Evaluates Credit Worthiness & Risk; writes credit memo fully analyzing the credit with all potential risk involved and evaluates clients credit worthiness using at least two credit bureaus ratings.
- Perform research into credit histories for new customers and existing loans, Identify loans of high risk and ensure loan terms are met to avoid foreclosures, bankruptcies, and delinquencies.
- Contact Client to gather Financial data & documentations; Ensures that credit checklist for required documentations is accurately completed by maintaining records and following up on clients for any outstanding documents.
- Booking and Disbursement of Credit Facilities; Maintaining loans booking and disbursement on the Core Banking Software and Loan Management System.
- Maintaining Record of Loan Application; Update clients records e.g. applications and collateral documents on the system and also hard copy.
- Monitoring of Loan Progress; Daily follow up on loans for repayments as at when due.
- Reporting; Generate daily reports on loans status and forward to management. Preparing regulatory reports as at when due.
- Carry out continuous review and assessment of credit application processes to assess compliance to internal and external policies including regulatory bodies and advise management on control lapses and policy inadequacies.
- Conduct industry research on rates on loans from regulatory bodies and other competitors and contribute to the contents and publication of weekly newsletters to the general public.
Minimum Qualification Required
- A good first degree from a reputable university preferably in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics.
- Minimum of One (1) Year post education experience.
- Previous experience managing credit operations within a large financial institution.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, research and analytical abilities.
- Expertise with credit, collections, and collections processing
- Policy and Regulation interpretation and implementation.
- Extensive Working Knowledge of Excel and any core banking application.