Location: Trade fair Lagos, Nigeria
Level: Entry Level
An ideal candidate will carry out relevant internal control checks to ensure effective discharge of the control functions within the Branch in line with the Internal Control department strategy.
- Carry out continuous review/assessment and evaluation of branch activities/systems/processes to assess compliance to internal and external policies including regulatory bodies/sector by identifying or detecting control lapses/policy inadequacies through control activities for process and system improvement and escalate control exceptions to the management or relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with KYC procedures in processing new customers in an effort to control fraud and Money Laundering activities.
- Participate and assess the credit cycle process (pre disbursement and post- disbursement) to ensure compliance.
- Conduct field visit to verify the formation of groups, existence of the client and their household, existence of business(s) which the loan is disbursed, quality and maintenance of collateral pledged, and the loan field analysis conducted by the BDO.
- Ensure integrity of the transactions and GL accounts that it reflects the true nature of the products recorded therein.
- Daily Independent Call Over of all qualifying Transactions within 24 hours of posting and where practicable online same day and as may be advised to you from time to time
- Ensure that suspicious transactions are identified and duly reported as per the reporting guidelines to the Head of Risk and Compliance for further action.
- Carry out periodic (daily/weekly/Monthly and Quarterly) assessment, evaluation of expenses and seek for approval from the Head, Internal Control in line with the expense management policy.
- Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Review and monitoring of all e-banking related product reconciliation.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all open issues in the Internal Audit Report, Management letter, Regulatory Examiners Report and other Statutory Examiners Report involving branches.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required by the Control Manager which will include among others: AML/CFT, NDIC, CBN, ANTI-TERRORISM, COMPLIANCE, KYC and returns on fraud and forgeries in standard approved format etc.
- Any other job that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualification Required
- A good first degree from a reputable university preferably in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics.
- Professional chartered or in the process of getting qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, or ACIB.
- Minimum of One (1) Year post education experience.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Fraud and Operational risk knowledge
- Policy and Regulation interpretation and implementation.
- Oral and written Communication Skills
- Banking, Insurance, and financial services knowledge.
- Extensive Working Knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and power point, Intranet Mailing facility and the core banking application of the Firm.