Job Title : Credit Officer
Reporting Line : COO, Head of Operations
Start Date : Immediately
Location : Lagos
We are looking for a dynamic credit officer to join our company. In this role, your duties will include meeting with clients to set up the loan application process, gathering required financial documentation, and approving or denying loan requests based on your financial calculations.
To ensure success as a credit officer, you should have excellent financial acumen and the ability to accurately interpret financial data to make life-changing decisions. Ultimately, a credit officer should display exceptional business prowess, as well as strong knowledge of loan procedures and best practices according to financial laws and regulations.
Essential Primary Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Work with clients to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Set credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards in conjunction with senior managers.
- Provide special services such as investment banking for clients with more specialized needs.
- Performs other duties as maybe assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or any related field
- Should have sound knowledge in Credit risk management
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role would be an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products
- Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to work with loan management software, eg Creditonline
- Strong ethical behaviour and the ability to work with sensitive financial information.