Job title: Head of Operations
Reporting line: Managing Director, Chief Operations Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
We at AAA FINANCE, are looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented operations manager to join our growing institution. In this role, you will implement operational systems, processes and policies. Specifically, better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning. You will Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication.
The ideal candidate should have excellent financial acumen and the ability to accurately interpret financial data. Ultimately, a top-notch operations manager should display exceptional business prowess.
Essential Primary Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- To work as part of the Senior Management Team contributing to financial and operational expertise in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, practices, funding proposals and applications
- To interact with the Board of Directors, Finance & Staffing Committees, by providing financial reports and information to ensure sound financial and operational governance
- To work closely with the Stakeholder Management Team to provide financial and operational monitoring and controls on all work and activities, including producing reports and overseeing analysis of data and budget administration.
- Oversee all financial matters, including budget development, planning & reporting; managing the accounts, payroll and financial reporting of project funded activities and grant giving
- Manage all operation matters, including managing HR requirements and overseeing activities to ensure safe and cost-effective management.
- Oversee IT & Premises as well as coordination and communication between all operational functions.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organization that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- At least 5 years in Financial & Operations Management
- Strong background and experience in Finance
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Experience in book keeping is an added advantage.
- Must reside on the island or its environs.
- Must be a team player
- Possess great oral and written communication skills
- Prioritization and conflict management skills
- People management & leadership skills
- Must possess a drive for Success.
- Proficiency in MS Office; including Outlook, Access, Word & Excel.
- Knowledge of VAT, tax and other compliance implications.